Twin Boro Cheer
Twin Boro Cheer focuses on teamwork, confidence, and fun! The program is open to Mendham and Chester students entering Grades 1-8 this Fall. The season runs from August through early November. Our goal is to provide our cheerleaders with a motivating, exciting and challenging experience.
New Cheerleaders Welcome
- Twin Boro Cheer is always excited to add enthusiastic cheerleaders into our program.
- No previous cheerleading or tumbling experience necessary.
- Some levels may be at capacity.
Cheer Gear Sale
- Cheerleaders are expected to purchase cheer gear from our online store in May 16-27.
- There is an optional fitting session to try on samples May 25 at Mountain View Middle School.
- Cheer uniforms (skirt, vest, jacket) are on loan from Twin Boro Cheer and returned at the end of season. Refundable deposit is required. Poms are on loan for Grades 1 & 2.
- Camp is from Mon., Aug. 8 - Thurs., Aug. 11 at a local school TBD.
Grades 1-2 – Camp runs from 9-12:30 each day
Grades 3-8 – Camp runs from 9-2 on M, Tu, W and 9-12:30 on Th
- Cheerleaders are taught the season’s halftime routine, sideline cheers, dances, and stunts.
- Attendance at Camp is required.
- Practices will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting Thursday, Aug. 25 from 4:30-6pm (4:30-5:30 for grades 1-2) at Mendham Borough Park.
- Practices held Thursdays only starting in October through November 3.
- Thursday practices are mandatory.
- Twin Boro Cheerleaders walk in the Mendham Labor Day parade (Mon., Sept. 5).
- Participation is optional.
- Cheerleaders cheer at Twin Boro football games on weekends in the Fall, after Labor Day.
- Home games for Grades 3-8 are played at Mendham High School; away games are played in nearby towns.
- Football game schedules are released at the end of August and are subject to change.
- Grades 1 & 2 will cheer for Flag Football, which has a more informal structure. These games will likely be at Mosle Field, Mendham Township on Saturdays 8:30-9:30am during Sept and Oct. Subject to change.
- Consistent attendance at games is required.
- Cheerleading is a team sport that requires consistent participation from every member. A cheerleader's absence from a practice or game negatively affects the team's ability to practice safely and inhibits the team from being able to perform their cheers, stunts, or routines in an optimal fashion.
- Excessive absences will place your child at a disadvantage in learning the routine, cheers or stunts and could limit of her involvement in the halftime routine.
- Twin Boro Cheer has excellent volunteer opportunities for parents to get involved.
- Committees include Fundraising, Spirit Wear, Uniforms, Picture Day, and Camp Prep.
- Looking for Coaches for 1st Grade
Grades 1-2 $115 Grades 3-8 $165 (due June 1)
*Registration fee for new cheerleaders includes a game bow, cheer socks and a Twin Boro Cheer t-shirt. Returning cheerleaders will receive socks and a t-shirt.
Grades 1-2 $85 Grades 3-8 $110 (due June 1)
Cheerleaders and their parents are asked to read the Handbook found on the www.TwinBoroBears.org website under Cheer Documents.
Questions? Email email@example.com