Welcome to Twin Boro Cheerleading!
IMPORTANT DATES for the 2019 Season
August 12-15 - Cheer Camp at Mountain View Middle School (100 Dean Rd, Mendham)
August 18 - Lollipop Sale at Mendham Kings (supporting Team Campbell Foundation)
August 20 & 22 – Coaches Summer Practices at Mendham Borough Park (dates tentative)
August 29 - Mandatory Thursday Practices Begin
September 2 - Mendham Labor Day Parade
Weekend of September 7 - Football Games Begin
MORE DETAILS for the 2019 Season
- Cheer camp is from Monday, August 12 - Thursday, August 15 at Mountain View School
Grades 1 & 2 - Camp runs from 9-12:30 each day.
Grades 3 - 8 - Camp runs from 9-2 on M, Tu, W and 9-12:30 on Th.
- Grades 1 & 2 should bring a nut-free snack and a water bottle; Grades 3-8 should bring a nut-free lunch and water bottle.
- Cheerleaders should wear shorts, t-shirt and cheer sneakers (or sneakers if haven’t received cheer sneakers yet). Hair should be in a high ponytail. Sunblock is recommended.
- Spirit Wear and Cheer Gear ordered in May will be available at the end of camp on Monday.
- Cheer Uniforms (vest, skirt, jacket) will be fitted and distributed on Monday as well.
- All cheerleaders will perform in a showcase on Thursday, August 15 at 12pm for family and friends to attend.
- Twin Boro Cheerleaders walk in the Mendham Labor Day parade on Monday, September 2.
- Cheerleaders must be present at the August 29th practice in order to participate.
- Cheerleaders meet at 9:30am at the Mendham Borough Post Office. Cheerleaders should wear vest, skirt, boyshorts, cheer socks and shoes, blue/white bow and bring pom poms.
- Mandatory practices are every Thursday from 4:30-6,from August 29 - October 24 at Mendham Borough Park. (Grades 1 & 2 may end earlier than 6.)
- Each squad has an additional practice each week in September, which is encouraged but not mandatory. The day is determined by the squad coaches.
- Cheerleaders cheer at Twin Boro Bears football games, which take place on Friday nights or weekends in the fall.
- Home games are played in Mendham or Chester; away games are played in nearby towns.
- Game days and times are released at the end of Augustand are subject to change. Your coach will communicate football schedule and any changes.
- Games are mandatory. Cheerleaders are to arrive 30-45 minutes before game for practice.
- Cheerleading is a team sport that requires participation from each and every member. If members are missing, the team will not be able to practice and/or perform their choreographed routine and stunts safely.
- Our attendance policy states that all Cheerleaders will be allowed no more than 3 absences from practices and games combined (excluding religious holidays) during the “regular” season. - Notify your coaches if your daughter will not be at a practice or game.
- Twin Boro Cheer has great volunteer opportunities for parents to get involved.
- Committees include Fundraising, Spirit Wear, Uniforms, and Camp Prep.
- Open positions include PR Co-Chair and Picture Day Chair.
INTERESTED IN JOINING CHEER?
Twin Boro Cheer is open to Mendham and Chester kids entering Grades 1 - 8.
Cheer is organized by grade level and runs from mid-August through early November.
Each squad has at least two adult coaches who are Rutgers SAFETY certified.
We focus on teamwork, building confidence and having fun.
Registration is opened from April through May each spring at www.TwinBoroBears.org.
Please contact Cheer President, Amy Golier at
with any questions.