Welcome to TWIN BORO CHEER!
We are excited for an incredible 2021 Cheer Season.
Check out these important dates:
August 9 - 12 – Cheer Camp at Mendham Township Middle School
August 26 – Practices Begin at Mendham Borough Park
September 2 – Mendham Labor Day Parade
Weekend of September 10 – Tackle Football Games Begin
September 18 – Flag Football Games Begin
September 30 – Picture Day will be during this Thursday practice.
Cheerleaders wear full uniform to practice. (Raindate: October 7)
Additional information for the season:
- Cheer camp is from Monday, August 9 - Thursday, August 12 at a Mendham Township Middle School, located at 16 Washington Valley Road, Brookside, NJ 07926.
Grades 1-2/3 – Camp runs from 9-12:30 each day.
Grades 3-8 – Camp runs from 9-2 on M, Tu, W and 9-12:30 on Th.
- All cheerleaders will perform in a showcase on August 12 at 12pm for family and friends.
- Grades 1 & 2/3 Flag should bring a nut-free snack and a water bottle; Grades 3-8 should bring a nut-free lunch and water bottle.
- Cheerleaders should wear shorts, t-shirt and cheer sneakers (or sneakers if haven’t received cheer sneakers yet). Hair should be in a ponytail. Sunblock is recommended.
- Cheer Gear ordered in May and Cheer Uniforms will be distributed at pickup on Monday 8/12.
- Attendance at camp is required.
- Twin Boro Cheerleaders will walk in Mendham Labor Day parade on Monday, September 6.
- Cheerleaders must be present at the September 2 practice to participate.
- Cheerleaders meet at 9:30am at the Mendham Borough Post Office. Cheerleaders should wear vest, skirt, boy shorts, cheer socks and shoes, blue/white bow and bring pom poms.
- Cheerleaders cheer at Twin Boro football games on Friday nights or weekends in the fall.
- Home games are played in Mendham; away games are played in nearby towns.
- Game dates, times and locations are released at the end of August and subject to change. Your coach will communicate football schedule and any changes.
- Consistent attendance at games is required.
- Cheerleading is a team sport that requires consistent participation from every member. A cheerleader's absence from a practice or game negatively affects the team's ability to practice safely and inhibits the team from being able to perform their cheers, stunts, or routines in an optimal fashion.
- Our attendance policy states that all Cheerleaders will be allowed no more than 3 absences from practices and games combined (excluding religious holidays) during the season.
- Notify your coaches if your daughter will not be at a practice or game.
- Twin Boro Cheer has great volunteer opportunities for parents to get involved.
- Committees include Fundraising, Spirit Wear, Uniforms, and Camp Prep.
- Open positions include PR Co-Chair and Picture Day Chair.
INTERESTED IN JOINING CHEER?
Twin Boro Cheer focuses on teamwork, confidence, and fun! Our goal is to provide our cheerleaders with a motivating, exciting and challenging experience.
The program is open to Mendham and Chester students in Grades 1 – 8.
Registration is opened in April & May each spring at www.TwinBoroBears.org.
Questions? Contact Cheer President, Amy Golier at