Welcome to Twin Boro Cheerleading!
Twin Boro Cheer is open to Mendham and Chester students entering Grades 1 - 8 in Fall 2020.
Cheer is organized by grade level and runs from mid-August through early November.
Each squad has at least two adult coaches who are Rutgers SAFETY certified.
We focus on teamwork, building confidence, and having fun!
Registration is open from March - May 2020
New Cheerleaders Welcome
- Twin Boro Cheer is always excited to add new, enthusiastic cheerleaders into our program.
- No previous cheerleading or tumbling experience necessary.
Cheer Gear & Spirit Wear Sale
- All cheerleaders are expected to attend the Cheer Gear & Spirit Wear Sale in the spring at a local school (TBD) to try on and purchase mandatory cheer gear and optional spirit wear.
- Many items can be used year after year. Cheerleaders pass down their gently used cheer gear, which will be available at the sale.
- Registration includes a game bow, cheer socks and a Twin Boro Cheer t-shirt.
- Uniforms (skirt, vest, jacket) are on loan from Twin Boro Cheer, distributed at camp and returned at the end of season.
- Cheer camp is from Monday, August 10 - Thursday, August 13 at a local school.
Grades 1 & 2 – Camp runs from 9-12:30 each day.
Grades 3 - 8 – Camp runs from 9-2 on M, Tu, W and 9-12:30 on Th.
- Cheerleaders are taught the season’s halftime routine, sideline cheers, jumps and stunts. The camp is run by Mendham High School Competition Cheer Team and Twin Boro Cheer.
- Camp is mandatory for all cheerleaders.
- Twin Boro Cheerleaders walk in the Mendham Labor Day parade on Monday, September 7.
- Cheerleaders must be present at the September 3rd practice in order to participate.
- Mandatory practices are every Thursday from 4:30-6, from August 27 - October 29 at Mendham Borough Park. (Grades 1 & 2 may end earlier than 6.)
- Each squad has an additional practice each week in September. The day is determined by the squad coaches, but it is typically on Tuesdays.
- Cheerleaders cheer at Twin Boro Bears football games, which take place on Friday nights or weekends in the fall.
- Home games are played in Mendham or Chester; away games are played in nearby towns.
- Game days and times are released at the end of August and are subject to change.
- Consistent attendance at games is required.
- Flag Games: Grades 1 & 2 Cheerleaders will cheer for Flag Football, which is typically a less competitive, intermural structure. These games will likely be in the same location and time each week. Subject to change.
- Cheerleading is a team sport that requires consistent participation from each and every member. A cheerleader's absence from a practice or game negatively affects the team's ability to practice safely and inhibits the team from being able to perform their cheers, stunts or routines in an optimal fashion.
- Excessive absences will place your child at a disadvantage in learning the routine, cheers or stunts and could limit her involvement in the halftime routine.
- Twin Boro Cheer has great volunteer opportunities for parents to get involved.
- Committees include Fundraising, Spirit Wear, Uniforms, Picture Day and Camp Prep.
- Available board positions include PR Co-Chair and Coaches for Grades 1, 4, & 5.
Please contact Cheer President, Amy Golier at
with any questions.