Welcome to TWIN BORO CHEERLEADING!
Twin Boro Cheer is open to Mendham and Chester students entering Grades 1 - 8 in Fall 2020. Cheer is organized by grade level and runs from mid-August through early November. Each squad has at least two adult coaches who are Rutgers SAFETY certified. We focus on teamwork, building confidence, and having fun!
PLANNING FOR HEALTHIER, HAPPIER DAYS AHEAD...
Although it’s impossible to predict with certainty what the next few months have in store, we are optimistic that the fall cheer season will happen.
With so much up in the air, we would like to offer RISK FREE REGISTRATION. Register now and defer payment until August 1, 2020.
In this unpredictable time, we wanted to address your concerns about the 2020 season...
What can we expect from this season?
None of us know what life will look like in 3-4 months from now but cheer is in a wonderfully unique position. We can be flexible with how the program is run this year. The season can be tailored to work in a number of scenarios while still keeping it safe and rewarding. Whether it's a traditional season or one with social distancing, our goal is to provide a fun, safe, worthwhile experience for our cheerleaders. There are a lot of moving variables but we promise to continue to communicate as situations develop.
If the season doesn’t happen, will my registration fee be refunded?
Payment is not due until August 1, 2020 but if you have paid your registration fee will be refunded via check if the season doesn’t not take place.
How will we order cheer gear and spirit wear with social distancing?
Our Cheer Gear and Spirit Wear Sale will be online this year through our cheer vendor, Elaine’s. The online store will be open from June 2 through June 14. The website will provide suggested manufacturing sizes for each garment and notes regarding whether it runs small, large or true to size.
If the 2020 season is canceled, what will happen with my cheer gear and spirit wear order?
Unworn mandatory cheer gear items (briefs, sneakers, midriff shirts, etc.) can be exchanged for a different size at the start of the 2021 season. Graduating 8th graders can receive a refund. Personalized items cannot be exchanged or refunded so we recommend holding off personalizing fleece jackets, etc. We can personalize items at a later date, but they MUST be unworn or unused. Optional spirit wear (hoodies, tanks, shorts, etc.) is not refundable nor exchangeable since it is, in fact, optional. But it’s always great to show off our TB Cheer spirit.
When does 2020 registration close?
Registration is open now through June 14. Register on the homepage of this website.
Please reach out to Amy Golier, Twin Boro Cheer President, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional concerns or questions. Please take care and stay safe!
New Cheerleaders Welcome
- Twin Boro Cheer is always excited to add new, enthusiastic cheerleaders into our program.
- No previous cheerleading or tumbling experience necessary.
Cheer Gear & Spirit Wear Sale
- All cheerleaders are expected to purchase mandatory cheer gear and optional spirit wear through an online store open from June 2 through June 14.
- Registration fee includes a game bow, cheer socks and a Twin Boro Cheer t-shirt.
- Uniforms (skirt, vest, jacket) are on loan from Twin Boro Cheer, distributed at camp and returned at the end of season. Refundable deposit required. Pom poms are on loan from TB Cheer for Grades 1-2.
- Cheer camp is from Monday, August 10 - Thursday, August 13 at a local school TBD.
Grades 1-2 – Camp runs from 9-12:30 each day.
Grades 3-8 – Camp runs from 9-2 on M, Tu, W and 9-12:30 on Th.
- Cheerleaders are taught the season’s halftime routine, sideline cheers, jumps and stunts. The camp is run by Mendham High School Competition Cheer Team and Twin Boro Cheer.
- Camp is mandatory for all cheerleaders.
- Mandatory practices are every Thursday from 4:30-6, from August 27 - October 29 at Mendham Borough Park. (Grades 1-2 may end earlier than 6.)
- There are additional practices on Tuesdays in September.
- Twin Boro Cheerleaders walk in the Mendham Labor Day parade (Monday, September 7).
- Cheerleaders must be present at the September 3 practice in order to participate.
- Cheerleaders cheer at Twin Boro football games on Friday nights or weekends in the fall.
- Home games are played in Mendham or Chester; away games are played in nearby towns.
- Game days and times are released at the end of August and are subject to change.
- Consistent attendance at games is required.
- Grades 1-2 Cheerleaders will cheer for Flag Football, which has a less competitive, intramural structure. These games will likely be in the same location and time each week in the fall. Subject to change.
- Cheerleading is a team sport that requires consistent participation from every member. A cheerleader's absence from a practice or game negatively affects the team's ability to practice safely and inhibits the team from being able to perform their cheers, stunts or routines in an optimal fashion.
- Excessive absences will place your child at a disadvantage in learning the routine, cheers or stunts and could limit of her involvement in the halftime routine.
- Twin Boro Cheer has great volunteer opportunities for parents to get involved.
- Committees include Fundraising, Spirit Wear, Uniforms, Picture Day and Camp Prep.
- Available board positions include PR Co-Chair and Coaches for Grades 1, 4, & 5.
Cost of Registration
Grades 1-2 $105 Grades 3-8 $155
Cost of Camp
Grades 1-2 $85 Grades 3-8 $110
If the season is cancelled, full registration fee will be refunded.
If season proceeds as usual, TB Cheer base program registration fee is refundable:
- Prior to August 1, 2020 – 100% less $25.00
- Prior to September 1, 2020 – 50%
- September 1, 2020 and after – 0% refund
Cheerleaders and their parents are encouraged to read the Handbook found on the www.TwinBoroBears.org website under Cheer Documents.
Please contact Cheer President, Amy Golier at email@example.com with any questions.